Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Food Craft: Chocolate Chunk Cookies


What better to warm up the house on a dreary day than some yummy chocolate chunk cookies? Nothing better came to my mind, so that is just what you get for today's food craft! Speaking of dreary, how sad am I that I had the settle for a crummy picture taken in my kitchen with a flash? Ugh... Bear with me.


For this recipe you will need:

1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cups Brown Sugar
1/4 cups White Sugar
2 whole Eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 pinch Salt
2 cups dark chocolate chunks (I cut up part of a Dark Chocolate "Pound Plus" bar from Trader Joe's)


Start by creaming your butter and both sugars together until smooth. Then, add in your eggs, oil, vanilla and salt and mix until combined. Sift in your flour and baking soda to avoid lumps, and finally add in your chocolate chunks!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop out cookies about 1 rounded Tablespoon in size (I have a special cookie scoop I use). Cookies should sit at least one inch apart on the sheet.

Bake your cookies for about 12 minutes, until golden brown around the edges. Let cool on tray for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. Dark chocolate chunks-yum. Very acceptable. These cookies will always be a classic favorite. I am now ready to have a few of these with milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sooooo good. I think I'm going to gain a billion pounds eating them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man they look so good that i can smell them all the way in Tennessee!! I'll have to try these and hope they don't go flat when i cook them. when ever i have made cookies in the past they are all nice and puffy in the oven and then when i take they out they are flat. do i let them cook to long??
    thanks

    ReplyDelete